Success Tactics of Top Bloggers is a great article based on an annual research project.
If you’re writing blogs for hobby and especially if it’s for business, I recommend reading the whole article.
But here’s my quick takeaways:
- The top 6% of bloggers invest twice as much time as the bottom 70%.
- Use an editor – even if it’s just a friend – to look over your work before you publish.
- The goal is never “more content”, it’s always, “how much content do we need for a behavior change?”
- Smart bloggers don’t create content without a plan to promote.
- Click-bait articles are dead. And what you see next might surprise you. 🙂
In summary, blogging is growing up. There are signs of more professionalism across the industry.
Please leave a comment to tell me your views of the industry trends or how your blogging habits are changing.